mal wieder ein "dear host family letter" ^^

hey :slight_smile:
die frage ist ja ziemlich häufig hier, aber vllt könnte sich trotzdem jemand meinen host family letter durchlesen :grinning:
ich war mir bei der reihenfolge, bei in klammern geschriebenem und der länge nicht ganz sicher^^.da’s erst ein entwurf ist hoff ich sind nicht zuuu viele fehler drinn :confounded:

dear host family!
first i would like to thank you for reading my letter and (maybe?) giving me the opportunity to be in canada for half a year and live with a new family there.
now i want to tell you something about me, my family , interests, etc.
my name is XXXXXX and i was born on XXXXX 1995 so i am 15 now. i live with my father XXXXX (alter, beruf), my mother XXXXXX (alter, beruf) and my sister XXXXX (alter) in a house on the edge of munich (was ich damit sagen will ist „am rand von“ xD).
we get along pretty well most of the time even if we argue sometimes. my grandparents live nearby as well, so we see them almost every day.
i always wanted to be an exchange student, so i would be totally happy if that worked. some reasons why i would like to do that are of course improving my english, learning something about a new country and culture and finding new friends. what i like about canada is that you can choose the school district and moreover it’s an awesome country that i always wanted to visit some time.
my friends and family say that i am funny, humorous, creative, open minded and (pflichtbewusst ?).
i have some really good friends and i enjoy meeting them or talking to them on the phone. a friend of mine is in the usa for 1 year now and i also have friends in other countries, so we communicate via msn or twitter on the internet.
my hobbies are meeting friends, painting, playing the piano or chatting/ being on the internet. i also love listening to music and going to concerts, my favorite bands are for example green day, blink-182 , simple plan and so on.
every saturday i deliver newspapers with one of my friends.
sports i like are badminton, horseback riding, athletics and skiing.
my current school is the XXXXXXXX with ca. 1000 students.
i am in the 9th grade now and my favorite subjects are PE, history and english. our school starts at 7:50 am and ends at 13:05 pm but 2 times per week we have school till 15:20 pm.
i also love animals (except snakes and spiders) but sadly i am not allowed to have one here, but i would enjoy living with a pet in canada :). i am a vegetarian but i hope that is no problem … i could just leave out meat or cook me something else.^^
with love
XXXXXX

tut mir leid dass ich hier jetzt so dränge und nen doppelpost mach, das problem ist nur, dass ich den brief bis morgen um 5 brauch ^^.
wär also toll wenn jemand davor noch nen feedback schreiben könnt :wink:

Also dein Brief ist gut (finde ich zumindest).
Ich glaube, on the edge of Munich ist richtig, bin mir aber nicht ganz sicher. Und pflichtbewusst heißt dutiful. Außerdem, es stört deine host family sicher nicht, wenn in dem Brief Fehler stehen. Schließlich möchtest du ja auch nach Kanada, um dein Englisch zu verbessern!

Dear host family,
first of all I would like to thank you for reading my letter.

Now I want to tell you something about me,my family and my all day live.
My name is XXXXXX and i was born XXXXX in 1995. Nw I’m 15 years old and when I’m in Canada I’m (Alter) years old. I am a vegetarian but i hope that is no problem.
I live with my father XXXXX (alter, ber uf), my mother XXXXXX (alter, beruf) and my sister XXXXX (alter) in a house in the near of Munich city.(Vielleicht so)
We get along pretty well most of the time even if we argue sometimes.
My grandparents live nearby as well, so we see them almost every day.
My friends and family say that i am funny, humorous, creative, open minded and dutiful person.

I always wanted to be an exchange student, so i would be totally happy if my dream comes real. Some reasons why i would like to do that are learning something about a new country and culture and get to know new people. I like canada because you can choose the school district and moreover it’s an awesome country that i always wanted to visit some time.

I have some really good friends and i enjoy meeting them or call them. A friend of mine is in the USA for 1 year now and i also have friends in other countries, so we communicate via msn or twitter.

My hobbies are meeting friends, painting, playing the piano or chatting and being on the internet. I also love listening to music and going to concerts. My favorite bands are for example green day, blink-182 , simple plan and so on.
Every saturday i deliver newspapers with one of my friends.
Sports which i like to do are badminton, horseback riding, athletics and skiing.
I also love animals. My favorite onces are snakes and spiders but sadly i am not allowed to have one here, but i would enjoy living with a pet in canada.

My current school is XXXXXXXX with ca. 1000 students.
I am in grade 9 now and my favorite subjects are PE, history and English. Our schoolstarts at 7:50 am and ends at 1:05 pm but twice a week we have school till 3:20 pm.

Warm regards,
XXXX

Vielleicht könntest du noch schreiben warum du unbedingt nach Kanada möchtest und wieso nicht in ein anderes Land. und ich habe extra das mit dem Englisch weg gemacht, weil uns von der Orga gesagt wurde wir sollens weglassen.
Kannst du vll noch bisschen mehr zu den Sport arten schreiben? Alles in allem vll von allem was mehr?
Ich mein du musst dich mit dem Brief verkaufen. Das ist der aller wichtigeste teil deiner Bewerbung!
Und die ganzen Satz anfänge habe ich jetzt nicht Groß gemach und die ,I" auch nicht. Dadrann musst du aber unbedingt denken, dass du das noch umändern musst.
Les dir einfach von aderen hier noch den Brief durch und lass dich insperieren :slight_smile:

das mit dem wohnort is blöd, weil es is schon IN münchen nur halt nichmehr großstadt sondern am rand^^
haha und des mit den tieren versteht man wohl falsch … ich meinte mit except snakes and spiders das ich die NICHT mag :grin: :grin:
okay, dann lass ich das mit dem englisch weg, danke für edn tipp!
und das mit dem großschreiben ist mir schon bewusst, bei meim handschriftlichen hab ichs auch großgeschrieben nur am pc nicht.
werd mich dann nochmal drann setzten und alles bissl mehr ausformulieren … danke noch mal für (beide) antworten :grinning: