Host Family Letter=)

Hallo=)

Ich hab grad meinen Brief geschrieben aber er ist noch voller Fehler und ich bin mir nicht sicher ob das so gut ist wie ich es geschrieben habe und ob ich etwas vergessen habe… Habt ihr vllt lust mal kurz drüber zu gucken?=)

Dear Host Family,

First of all I want to thank you for just thinking about hosting me for a half year.I am so excited to come to know a new culture and new people and It’s so great from you to give me the chance for that .In this letter I want to tell you something about me, my family,my school,my friends,hobbys and my hometown Altheim. I hope that you know after reading my letter why i want to go to america and why I love this land=)

My name is ooooo and I’m from Germany. I’m a 15-year-old-girl but when I will come to the USA I will be 16 years old on first october.I live together with my parents ooo and ooo and my eighteen-year-old sister oooo in a habitation, in a village called Altheim which is near to Frankfurt.
Altheims population is about 3000 people. It’s a small but beautiful village.
My Father is a director ( local school board) and my Mother is a Doctor of Medicine (Pathologist).I have a very good relationship with all members of my family and we often spend our holidays together and do things on weekend. My Sister is very close to me and we like to go shopping together or do things like that. I have two Chinchillas, called Snoopy and Teddy, and I have two tortoises who called Hedwig and “21”.

I’m going to a middle school called “Schule auf der Aue” who has 1141 pupils.
I`m a student in the 10th grade. The school starts at 7.35 am until 12.50 am. Wednesdays and Thursdays school ends at 3.20. My favorites subjects are art,english,sport,music and maths.
I love the english language and I enjoy it to speak. Sometimes I make mistakes or don’t understand everything but I think when I will come to the USA I will improve my English.
In october 2006 I was in the USA for 3 weeks and I was going to go to school there. The school and the people were so great and so helpfull and nice. The School spirit is gorgeous. But I think 3 weeks are too short to get to know much about the culture there. Therefore I’m so grateful to get the chance to stay for 6 months in the USA.

After school I am going to make my Abitur.After this I want to work overseas. I hope I will get a chance to work in the USA.

I have a lot of friends and four greatest friends. I know them since 9 years. I have a lot of fun with them and they always understand and help me. We do a lot of things like go swimming, go to the cinema, eating ice cream or something like that.Sometimes we make DVD nights and order pizza which makes always a lot of fun. On two days in the week I play basketball like 2 months. Its a lot of fun. I dance in a Jazz-dance-group with my friends and I play piano like 8 years. But I also enjoy it to read. I like to read storys like “Harry Potter”,”Twilight” or “P.s… I love you”. I love summer and sun and don’t like hibernal and snow.

It won’t be easy for me to leave my friends and family but I’m still so excited to meet you and I think that we can learn many things from each other. I’m a opem-mind person, love it to meet new people and I laugh very much.

Ist das der Brief für ne Rotary Gastfamilie?
hört sisch so an.:grinning:

ähm tut mir leid aber was meinst du mit Rotary Gastfamilie ?^^

Oh ha danke dass du dir so viel mühe gemacht hast=) Du hast mir echt voll geholfen. Ich werd ihn jetzt nochmal ganz nach deinem Muster überarbeiten und ihr habt recht klingt echt alles ein bisschen abgehackt xD

wünsch euch allen frohe weihnachten!!!