bitte helft mir!

ich brauch unbedingt ein feedback meines student-letters.
BITTE HELFT MIR! ICH WEIß NICHT, OB DER RICHTIG IS?!?
DANKE!!!

Wurz, 01/06/2006
Dear host family,
First I want to thank you for your interest in this application. To take in a foreign child in your family for a year isn’t an easy decision. Therefore I want to tell you as much as possible about myself. I hope that I can give you a short impression about me and I hope that you’ll know me a little bit better after reading this letter.
My name is Franziska Deubzer. I’m a sixteen years old girl living in Wurz, near Weiden. Wurz is a small village in the east of Bavaria. Bavaria is a state in the south of Germany. I have been visiting the Lobkowitz-Realschule in Neustadt. I’m the speaker of my class and of my school, too. I have many tasks to do. My favourite subjects are German, English and science. I like the school. My teachers are OK but some of them are really pleasant people. Last year we did a farewell party in favour of a teacher who left our school. We did a quiz show in form of a theatre especially for him. I took part as the presenter. It was really great! We had a lot of fun and he was happy about his act of saying farewell.
I was born as the second child of three on 10th of July 1989 in Pegnitz. So I’ve two brothers, Johannes (19) and Lukas (14). Johannes works in our company and Lukas visits a high school. The most important peoples in my life are my mom (43) and my step father (35). My mom and my dad (49) have divorced since 1999. So I’ve got a stepfather. His name is Andrew, he and my mom are the managing directors of our company, too. I’ve done a lot of internships there. On our holidays we often explore foreign countries. A special experience was our trip to China for two weeks last year. One week we spent in Beijing and the other week in Shanghai. It was breathtaking. The temperature was high but it was cloudy. First it was a terrible clime. At the end of our trip we were used to sweat and wear very short clothes. In Germany it’s another clime.
A special influence on me and my personal development have my mom and my step father. My stepfather formed me by his knowledge about computers. But what I like the most about my parents is that I can speak to them about everything. They motivate and support me in my decisions or as the case may be they dissuade me from decisions because of made experiences.
I have a lot of interests: riding my bike, reading a book or a magazine, listening to music, driving scooter, skiing, watching TV, using my computer and meeting my friends. My friends are in the same age like me. We go together in the cinema or in the city. But the most of the time we spend with talking about current events or other things. I like my friends very much but I imagine that I will find new friends in your country. Sometimes I sit the babies from our neighbours and go for a walk with their dogs. We’ve had a dog called Sophie since 1999, too. She’s a “Rehpinscher” (looks like a Doberman just smaller) which is seven years old now.
I was allowed to work with the personal computer of my parents very early. Now I use my computer every day for checking my emails and especially for designing my own website. First it was a lot of work but now it’s easy, because I’ve got experience with the software. I carry out to finish my project “My website” after leaving the school in July 2006. My friends will be angry about me, because they use them often, but I want to begin a new “project”. It calls “Exchange in USA“.
My parents formed me to an inquiring and open-minded person. So I’m interested in many different things and am open to make new experiences. Therefore it’s not difficult for me to get in contact with other people and to find new friends. I’m tolerant to others and accept them as they are. But I’m not able to accept intolerance, racism or violence against others.
I want to learn about your way of life and your culture. America is in Germany known as “The country with unlimitedly possibilities” and I really don’t know if it true. I want to find it out.
Hopefully now you can imagine a bit about how and who I am. I’m looking forward to getting to know American school and family life, thank you for this opportunity.

Sincerely

Franziska

vielen lieben dank!

Hey,

wenn ich ehrlich bin, finde ich deinen Persönlichkeitsbericht etwas ungeordnet (es fällt vor allem auf, dass du drei oder vier verschiedene Ansätze hast, mit dem, wie wichtig dir deine Eltern sind - nach einem Satz schweifst du daann wieder ab und erzählst etwas ganz anderes!) Also ein bisschen mehr Struktur!

Glieder das ganze in sinnvolle Absätze!!! Fang an - wie du das gemacht hast - und bedank dich erstmal für die Aufnahmme (obwohl ich das mit dem „I know it’s hard to decide to host a foreign child“ oder so ähnlich, weg lassen würde… du weißt doch nicht, ob es deiner Gastfamilie nicht sogar leicht gefallen ist, sich dazu zu entschließen - vielleicht bist du ihr sechster oder zehnter Austauschschüler… Stattdessen schreib’ lieber, wie sehr du dich freust sie kennen zu lernen etc…)

(Hier zwischen kannst du vielleicht noch einfügen, warum du in die USA willst)

Im zweiten Absatz gehstdu ganz stark auf dich ein, beschreibst alle deine Hobbies und Eigenarten…

Im dritten Absatzt beschreibst du deine Familie, die Hobbies deiner Familie und euer Familienleben. In dem Absatz ist es auch ganz sinnvoll zu schreiben, wann du Abends zu Hause sein musst, was deine Aufgaben im Haushalt etc. sind.

Im vierten Absatz schreibst du was über deine Schule, was deine Lieblingsfächer sind, was dir am besten gefällt und warum, wieviele Schüler es gibt…

Und im letzten Absatz bringst du nochmal zum Ausdruck, wie sehr du dich freust sie kenen zu lernen! Jana hatte dich da verbessern wollen - und ich verbessere Jana jatzt =) Es heißt „I’m looking forward to getting to know you“! Das ist richtig!

Ich denke, dann lässt sich das ganze deutlich leichter lesen und man hat nicht das Gefühl, dass du selbst noch nicht so ganz weißt, was du schreiben willst.

Ich muss Jana zustimmen, es sind noch ziemlich viele Fehler in deinem Text, von daher lass ihn von deinem Englischlehrer durchlesen!!! Weil es wirklich gravierende Fehler sind… An vielen Stellen hast du einfach deutsche Ausdrücke genommen und sie englisch übersetzt… das haut nicht hin!!!

Bitte nimm die Kritik nicht persönlich! Ich wollte dir nur helfen!

Hey,
dein Letter ist gut gelungen…aber noch ein paar kleine Sachen:
Das mit den to look forward to GETTING to know stimmt schon. Das ist sone Sonderform und da bin ich mir 100% sicher, denn wir haben ungefähr 10 Stunden in Englisch darüber diskutiert…
Achja und das Wort für Klima auf Englisch ist climate.

Aber ansonsten…respekt!

Mal ne Frage: Ich hab ne Gastfamilie…soll ich die dann mit dem Namen anschreiben?

LG Madde

ich würde schon den namen deiner family benutzen. das klingt doch gleich ein bissl persönlicher, find ich. wohin fährst du?

Ich fahr nach Brandon bei Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Find ich cool =)

Also falls du Lust hast, kannst du mich gerne ein paar Sachen fragen! :grinning: